Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

malbolgia708 t1_iuxo3c9 wrote

I feel like there are a lot more important issues than weed, at least for the next 2 elections. I'm pro legalization tho.

byndrsn t1_iuxqw62 wrote

didn't need to see this again. Except for Casey for some reason the Ds are yes and the Rs are no.

StarWars_and_SNL t1_iuyjmk8 wrote

Casey sides with right leaning centrists a little too much for my taste.

Back when the wacky far right Planned Parenthood videos came out, Casey sent an email promising his constituents that he’d “fully investigate” instead of writing it off as the obvious hoax it was.

mynameisalso t1_iuzwcaf wrote

If weed is what flips your vote this year you are probably not a great person.

−7

gutsberserk13 t1_iv0qwsw wrote

I like the legalization of marijuana, but i dislike fettermans decriminalization of meth and heroin along with it.

−4

TradDadOf3 t1_iv1hbh4 wrote

At this point if you want weed just get a medical card which basically anyone can get after an online consultation, or drive to jersey once a month and stock up.

Legalization would be nice but very far down the list of issues that would impact my family's life

cumberlandbloos OP t1_iv1tfir wrote

Yes absolutely. The criminalization of these substances has done absolutely nothing to reduce their consumption or the dangers associated with them. Decriminalization + treating drug abuse as a medical problem instead of a criminal justice problem is an evidence-based approach that is proven to reduce addiction, disease, violence, and overdose deaths. Portugal is the best example of this but similar policies have been tried elsewhere. The question is not whether meth and heroin are terrible (of course they are), the question is what policies are best suited to save lives. At this point, anyone who is pro-drug prohibition is essentially pro-overdose and pro-drug related violence. Decriminalization is necessary as part of a holistic, evidence-based approach to drug policy that treats it as a medical and mental health issue.