Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

rovinchick t1_ivt0ich wrote

It was by design, as the Democrats had an active strategy of boosting the worst Republican candidates in the primaries, so the general election would be easier to win. It worked across several races nationwide.

PregnantSuperman t1_ivt1can wrote

True, but I think it's a stretch to say that these candidates won because of a few ads that Democrats ran.

rovinchick t1_ivt1nav wrote

I agree...you still have the far right wing nuts that voted him in during the primary. I just hate the 2 party system overall and how divided it is. It's clear that bipartisan efforts and compromises are a thing of the past, which is a shame, because most Americans are more moderate than the media would have you believe.

thenewtbaron t1_ivtvczi wrote

Well, I doubt that Shapiro's ad boosted Mastriano. If it did, Shapiro needs to be a campaign manager for republicans. He spent less than a million dollars and Mastriano won the primary by 20+%. if it was only a couple of points, maybe but to swing 300k voters(more than the next primary hopeful got) to Mastriano is a bit of a pipe dream.

The ad was also not saying "Mastriano is a great guy", it was "Mastriano is a cool with hateful mobs" and the like. It was to turn off moderate republicans that had enough of Trump and violence. It was aimed at like the 60% of the republicans that didn't vote for Mastriano in the primary.