Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

pnvrgnnltUdwn t1_ixx6skb wrote

And you’d apply what you learned to shape the present.

Advanced-Guard-4468 t1_ixx756t wrote

The present is already shaped from the past, you correct it for the future

pnvrgnnltUdwn t1_ixx7a9r wrote

STFU you argumentative ass. Bs about semantics because someone removed your favorite confederate statue or whatever bullshit you’re on about. Go back to parlor

Advanced-Guard-4468 t1_ixx7gg3 wrote

Yes, Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were fine outstanding confederates /s

I'm sorry my opinion is different than yours but I won't leave reddit because you have an issue

pnvrgnnltUdwn t1_ixyqg4c wrote

Where were statues of Jefferson or Washington removed?

Advanced-Guard-4468 t1_ixyr3yl wrote

You could Google that but they were removed in NYC and Portland.

I guess your not as informed as you think you are. Maybe it's your news source that's keeping you ill-informed.

pnvrgnnltUdwn t1_ixyrmeo wrote

I don’t really have a consistent news source and I don’t feel any kind of way about missing statue news in general. However, I assume you are a states rights guy; a local, small government guy, but you want to judge these people for making a decision as a community? Washington and Jefferson did nothing more than create a tax haven for other wealthy white men. They didn’t care about any other demographic. They weren’t heroes. They didn’t do any actual fighting. They sent poor farmers to war on their behalf and ripped off the Magna Carta.

Advanced-Guard-4468 t1_ixytefc wrote

You really should do some reading on Washington. Your view of him would change after all the sacrifices he made for this country.

Yes, Washington did do fighting and those he lead volunteered to join they were only forced when they weren't being paid by congress when they were staying the winter near Morristown, NJ.

The Statues were removed by a select few not by the masses.