Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

steadycoffeeflow t1_iwjp18g wrote

I mean, first of all, these people aren't "illegal" and are working with nonprofits to integrate into the country. But there's consistently been people on the right labeling them as "illegal invaders" which you can even see in the comment section here.

Secondly, way to go Abbott! I mean, he's a huge piece of shit and thinks humans make great political pawns, and nothing quite says "Presidential Ballot Candidate" than making enemies with every other state, but it's assisting migrants to get to places where people are accepting of them and are more likely to provide sympathy and aid due to their circumstances.

Isn't this all kind of motivating people to come here though? Nevermind the narrative since Biden's admin has caught more border crossings, but if I had to choose to go either to a country where I'd be provided transportation to other cities who would be more welcoming on the state's dime or a country who would detain and then send me away with less than what I had when arriving? HUGE draw to the former option.

Kind of a nose cutting to spite the face sort of play for anyone supporting this under the guise of "Yeah! NOW those "Sanctuary Cities" will know what it's like!"