Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

KMjolnir t1_iwsoz7n wrote

Congress is used to refer collectively to the House of Representatives and the Senate, which are separately referred to as the "two houses". If they control the House of Reps, that is one house of Congress. It is entirely correct.

​

Literally from a dictionary: "Congress: a national legislative body, especially that of the US. The US Congress, which meets at the Capitol in Washington, D.C., was established by the Constitution of 1787 and is composed of the Senate and the House of Representatives."

IamSauerKraut t1_iwszbl3 wrote

Common use does not refer to a state's house of reps as "Congress." That phrase is almost exclusively used to refer to the federal legislature, in particular to the House of Representatives.

−14

KMjolnir t1_iwt82bc wrote

True, it's usual referred to as the PA Assembly. However "almost exclusively" is not the same as exclusively, so by your own words it is sometimes referred to as that. Ergo, they are correct even if it isn't often called that.

IamSauerKraut t1_iwt9rzr wrote

>True, it's usual referred to as the PA Assembly.

The remainder is presumptive and gratuitous.

−15

KMjolnir t1_iwta5a7 wrote

If you dislike my interpretation of the earlierc arguments, that's fine. If you have issues with the words I refer to, you can take it up with Miriam & Webster on the definition or Reddit user u/IamSauerKraut for simply adding fuel to the fire and being, we'll put this politely, misguided in their understanding.

IamSauerKraut t1_iwtc4s4 wrote

>If you dislike my interpretation of the earlierc arguments, that's fine.

You start out well but then go off the rails with verbosity. sad.

−9