Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Anonymous_Otters OP t1_ixsadsr wrote

The shop with my car was closed the day I bought thr car, so did not have the tags.

nowordsleft t1_ixsekra wrote

How did you buy a car without registering it at the time of purchase? Was it a private purchase and you just did a title transfer? If you take your plate and paperwork to a notary or title transfer place, they can do it. You can’t do it yourself on the web.

Anonymous_Otters OP t1_ixsew4q wrote

Bought it financed from a dealership. They set up temporary registration. I have no title because the car is financed. I know you can't do it yourself on the web ... if I could I wouldn't br asking how to do it. I also clearly stated that there is no information on thr PenDOT website.

BurntOrange101 t1_ixsjmt9 wrote

Heads up if it’s financed and the title is not in your name yet or you bought it out of state, you won’t be able to do it all in one day unfortunately. You have to get the title mailed to the notary or to Harrisburg, then they can transfer the tag.

Unless it’s already titled in your name in PA. If your bank holds a PA title in your name and you just need registration/to transfer your plate, you’re good to go and they can do it for you at an agency within a few minutes.