Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dippin20s t1_ixsc45s wrote

can you explain the situation? like you wrecked your car bought a new one and you went to transfer plate over to the new car you bought? you’d need to take the titles and registration for both and the old plate to a notary near you and they will be able to help

−1

Anonymous_Otters OP t1_ixse9s8 wrote

My car bottomed out and cracked the oil and transmission pans and misaligned the framing. Repairs were starting at 70% of the car's value, so it was totaled by the insurance company. They cut me a check. I had the weekend to secure a car before my rental ended. I wanted to pick up my old tags and go buy the car to do it at the same time, but the insurance co neglected to tell me they were closed on the weekend. I needed a car, so bought the car and it has a temporary registration. I want to transfer my old registration and tags to the new car since the registration is still good for another year+. I no longer have the old car's title as part of the insurance stuff was transferring them the title so they can scrap the car. I have a loan on the new car, so I do not have the title.