Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AbsentEmpire t1_j2f28ec wrote

Or you know instead you could look it up, since it actually happened.

Federal judge: Philly DA Larry Krasner’s office misled court while trying to free a man from death row

And this wasn't the only time he got reprimanded by judges for bad conduct.

−2

Electr_O_Purist t1_j2f2u1d wrote

Oh, would you look at that. The sentence reduction was from the death penalty to life without parole. Wow, what a monster!

AbsentEmpire t1_j2f406k wrote

The issue is that he lied in court, which is why he was reprimanded by the judge, the issue that the other user was alluding to.

−1

Electr_O_Purist t1_j2f4ey1 wrote

K, shouldn’t have done that. Didn’t help the case. Isn’t an abuse of the office.

AbsentEmpire t1_j2f4vql wrote

Expect he has a track record of getting slapped down by judges for lying or just straight up trying to rewrite laws.

Electr_O_Purist t1_j2fc4nm wrote

You don’t have much experience with the judicial system, do you?

Electr_O_Purist t1_j2f40mq wrote

Alright, so I read it. I mean, I’m not going to defend it, but, under no possible reading of this is it an impeachable offense. People who worked for Krasner suggested to a court that a victim said something they didn’t…yeah, lawyers are manipulative, scummy people. Welcome to adulthood. It’s not a crime that abuses the office. The judge rejected the claim anyway, Pennsylvania doesn’t really put people on death row to death. In fact, most people on death row get their sentences reduced to life.

Electr_O_Purist t1_j2f2lwe wrote

Hey, thanks for posting this inquirer article (in response to your post about how the inquirer can’t be bothered to cover). Off to a good start! Now I’m gonna read it.

AbsentEmpire t1_j2f42tl wrote

Different user, I'd didn't say they didn't cover it.