Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ashleyorelse t1_izxuunw wrote

1. I already knew that. It's what I'm arguing against.
  2. Under the new system, any kid does not have the opportunity to make money by sports.
  3. You haven't made any real points at all. You even assumes I didn't know the basic premise in your first point, which was never true. You don't even know what you're arguing.
  4. r/antiwork is a great sub. You don't understand it if you somehow think it's about being lazy.
  5. Not everything requires blame in this world. When there is blame, sometimes it rightly falls on the system. Perhaps you'd rather advocate for never trying to fix broken systems, but that is part of why we don't do enough to improve things that need improved.
  6. A good opportunity for some at the expense of others isn't a good opportunity. It's an entitlement for a few.

[deleted] t1_izxv60b wrote

[deleted]

ashleyorelse t1_izxx3r7 wrote

So you were being satirical?

[deleted] t1_izxxs6y wrote

[deleted]

ashleyorelse t1_izy0xmj wrote

Let's break that down:

You're not being satirical, which means you are seriously taking up these positions.

I made some great points, and you know I did, so of course you hope I wasn't being serious. You don't even have a real argument for any of it. If you did, you'd have been responding with that. But there's a big reason you haven't done that, which leads us to...

What's hilarious is the classic pattern you're using once you realized you were losing this argument. To wit:

You know your argument has been absolutely devastated, so you refuse to continue making legitimate attempts, because you know they'll just be devastated too. BUT, you have to save face, so you decide to counter by insulting the other person and/or the argument itself.

Congratulations on being the most basic of internet trolls.

If I'm wrong about this and you want to show that, you'd respond to the points I made with legit arguments. But no one in your position who has chosen the path you have ever does that, and I seriously doubt you'll be the one to break the mold.

Instead, you'll come back with some other remark you think is a "witty" way to try to insult me and/or our entire argument because what I've just said now will make you feel like that is necessary. After all, you can't have me pointing out how ridiculous you're being without defending yourself.

If you somehow decide to be different than every other troll out there and actually respond to my points with legit arguments of your own, I'll be shocked, but at that point we can continue the discussion.

Otherwise, I'll simply tell you to have a nice day and move on.

[deleted] t1_izy1c2b wrote

[deleted]

ashleyorelse t1_izyfjn1 wrote

No wonder I devastated your argument so easily. You're used to arguing with inanimate objects that can't argue back. In any case, this is over now, as I said it would be. Have a nice day.

This would be the appropriate time to acknowledge your loss either explicitly, or implicitly by simply not responding. I'll thank you in advance for your graciousness in doing that. Again, have a nice day.