Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

JoshS1 t1_j1493t6 wrote

Can't imagine how unhappy you guys would be in an actual dysfunctional state like Texas... Grew up there, and PenDOT and everything else is like a breath of fresh air when it comes to competence.

Or even worse, some of the state's that are essentially 3rd world countries like Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, and Oklahoma they are even worse than Texas. I've been to 40 of the 50 states, lived in 5, and PA is definitely within my top 10 most "got their shit together" states.

Excelius t1_j14clkz wrote

You can go to the subreddit for pretty much any state/city and you'll find people complaining about the same things.

Including the jokes/memes about the state flower being the orange traffic cone. Pretty much every northern state with a freeze/thaw cycle bitches about the potholes.

sashslingingslasher t1_j14ppav wrote

Turns out car infrastructure is functionally impossible to maintain. If only there was a simple solution.

egJohn t1_j14z5v0 wrote

no money to be made with simple solutions.

jralll234 t1_j16i293 wrote

People would just be bitching about broken seats on busses and rail lines closed for maintenance.

sashslingingslasher t1_j18p0g0 wrote

People are always going to bitch, and money will always get misappropriated, but if we know there is a better way, we should still do it.

Present-Day19 t1_j149ugu wrote

True. Realized this when I went to Penn DMV after living in TX and NJ

Ryguy55 t1_j14imcl wrote

Ha, as someone who grew up in NJ, when it came time to get my PA license I took a half day off work and brought my laptop. Imagine my surprise when I was in and out in 25 minutes and the lady helping me wasn't treating me like I just bitch slapped her child and took a dump on her dining room table.

Ultium t1_j14l22z wrote

Big surprise to me too about the state. The DMV experience was shockingly smooth and people weren’t dickheads.

robin_terrae t1_j16luce wrote

Seriously. I thought it was going to take forever, but nope. In and out in a half hour. Jersey was never like that.

Naugle17 t1_j14m1ti wrote

Been to Arkansas; my experience is definitely better with their infastructure than PA