Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CraWLee t1_j2c3kpi wrote

I'm just speaking from experience and the fact that I lived in Oregon for over a decade. Idaho is West-mid-West. 😆

McCooms t1_j2c3wxr wrote

Yeah, but they’re from Idaho and they’re saying it’s the PNW. In addition to the internet. Not sure why all of that is trumped by you living in Oregon for however long.

CraWLee t1_j2c40y1 wrote

I reference my first comment, they wish.

−4

McCooms t1_j2c5dgf wrote

And I reference google search results. You wish.

CraWLee t1_j2c5hu7 wrote

You don't get it. Get off the internet and travel a little. You won't have to reference Google for geographical information 😂

−2

McCooms t1_j2c6ojk wrote

That’s cool, but by your logic you’re still wrong. Guess we should all listen to the guy who lived in Oregon over the person who lived in Idaho 🙄

CraWLee t1_j2c76f1 wrote

You are like talking to a brick wall. Here's another example to clarify what I'm saying. People that live in new Jersey across the river from Philly, say they're from Philly. They're not, but that's what they say then you find where they actually live and you explain to them that they live in Jersey, not Philly. This conversation is done, you have no life experience to dwell on and only have Google for references, you're essentially a bot.

−1

McCooms t1_j2ccpqm wrote

Are you one of those people who won’t change their mind even when evidence and anecdote tell you you’re wrong? If you don’t think so you may want to reflect on it a little longer if after the below you still think you’re right.

Go to Wikipedia to check for yourself, but I’ve saved you the trouble. While there is not a consensus on which of the three options below is true “PNW” all include Idaho.

“The map below shows three possibilities: (1) The shaded area shows the historical Oregon Country. (2) The green line shows the Cascadia bioregion.[6] (3) The labeled states and provinces include Washington, Idaho, Oregon and British Columbia.”

Pacific North West

CraWLee t1_j2cg567 wrote

Like I said I've lived in the PNW and have been to Idaho and lived in shortly. My statement is but perspective, but if you've ever been to either you'd understand wth I'm talking about.

One last key factor, Idaho does not touch the Pacific ocean, so how could it be classified pnw.

−1

McCooms t1_j2cgube wrote

I’ve been to both, with friends living in Bend and Eugene who I’ve visited several times. Drove from Seattle to the Olympic peninsula along the Juan de Fuca straight from Port Angeles. Went down to second beach and La Push and went through the rain forest. Took the train south from Seattle to Portland. Drove from Eugene to Boise. Didn’t spend a ton of time in Boise but overall I agree it didn’t add up as being the Pacific Northwest. However, I was not in Northern Idaho, where the poster above says it is culturally closer to PNW. Given that everything on the internet agrees with them, I’m going with them.

Does that cover all of our bases?

CraWLee t1_j2chjxz wrote

😂 definitely 👏. Northern Idaho should for sure be dubbed it's own state, it's totally different than the rest of ID. Culturally wise, it's more like Utah though to add to the argument 😅

[deleted] t1_j2cgosj wrote

[deleted]

CraWLee t1_j2ch6g1 wrote

And you've been to Idaho? 😂 I hear what you're saying, I'm just stating that the title of pnw has no business including Idaho. Apparently Alaska is apart of the pnw too, I beg to differ on that one as well.

[deleted] t1_j2chm9d wrote

[deleted]

CraWLee t1_j2ci9hu wrote

So you don't agree that Idaho is a completely different geographical dynamic than the rest of the pnw? Again, it's not even attached to the Pacific in anyway shape or form.

[deleted] t1_j2cj6k6 wrote

[deleted]

CraWLee t1_j2cjj3y wrote

Oregon key word there. Portland is a city, not a state and that's Portland fucking Oregon.

CraWLee t1_j2cjlq1 wrote

Wasn't meant to be rude if misconstrued.