Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

BurntOrange101 t1_j1hyakg wrote

Ok? Where did I say that the driver isn’t at fault?

Oh… I didn’t.

The point is that if we still had paid workers on the turnpike, then if something like this occurred , PSP would be notified a lot more quickly (like when they get on at an exit and there’s a toll right there?!?) vs waiting for the first Good Samaritan with a cellphone who notices a truck flying past the wrong way… which in turn could have potentially prevented the death of those who were hit seeing as the turnpike has an emergency alert system which could have been used to alert drivers to pull off to the shoulder or to wait at a rest stop rather than to continue driving into the path of a tractor trailers coming head on..

−15

CodeMonkey789 t1_j1i4amu wrote

This was on a non toll road reportedly. If anything, technology should be employed to catch things like this. PA is decades behind in infrastructure

Edit: Possibly misread a comment where someone was talking about non-toll roads

Trancefuzion t1_j1i7bic wrote

The entire US is decades behind on infrastructure. This isn't just a PA thing.

CodeMonkey789 t1_j1i8299 wrote

That’s true but this is a PA sub. We also specifically vote for conservative politicians so the state is to blame as well.

106473 t1_j1ic2pf wrote

Philly's been Democrat running for a long time and the infrastructure there is pretty bad too it's not a partisan position

CodeMonkey789 t1_j1ifirv wrote

The bulk of Democrats who win here are conservative. I didn’t specify political party on purpose. It’s a neoliberal politics/right wing America -in general problem. So yes it’s bipartisan because our politicians have no incentive to invest in longterm solutions.

Plus, doesn’t the city need state/federal funding to handle infrastructure?

106473 t1_j1igdvu wrote

I agree with that. As for the County's they are usually supposed to take care of their own infrastructure (see how roads can be paved in some county's regularly and others not). Major projects probably need additional resources, but should be by the town/city first before that.

beeps-n-boops t1_j1iuxtq wrote

> This was on a non toll road reportedly.

It was on the turnpike, which is most definitely NOT a non-toll road.

BurntOrange101 t1_j1iqr5r wrote

The title literally says it was on the turnpike…… so which part of the turnpike is free now?… 🤔