Submitted by Working-Condition669 t3_10luoml in Pennsylvania

So my job closed and it's my first time in life applying for unemployment. I got a notice saying my "monetary finalization date is 1/23/2023". It's impossible to get through on the phone and haven't heard anything else. That notice was auto generated on the first of January when I first applied. Does anyone know how long it will be until I receive payment or if it will be retroactive?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ElysianImmortal t1_j5z5ksa wrote

The best way to get a hold of unemployment is to call your state rep and have them do it for you.

Your other option is call repeatedly late afternoon ( I found works best) until you don't get a busy signal. Be prepared to wait on the line for an hour plus.

Sweet-Safe394 t1_j5zmana wrote

you literally have to dial, busy signal, hang-up, dial again for about 30-40 minutes once you get through it’s another 45 minute wait. It’s horrible. it will be retro active from your file date. ONLY if you have been going to the pacareerlink site and filling out your job search activity. it’s a mess

artificialavocado t1_j5z3src wrote

Yes it should be retroactive. I’m not sure of the specifics but if a company of a certain size is closing or doing beyond a certain amount of layoffs they are supposed to notify L&I so they can expedite the process for everyone effected.

Cinemaslap1 t1_j5zfnp1 wrote

Reach out to Lisa Haldy in the government.

xparanoyedx t1_j5zfpto wrote

Try using the live chat option on the website. If it says disconnected or that it’s busy, immediately close it and open it back up. They normally allow retroactive back pay from the time you were laid off until current (minus your waiting week) but you’ll probably have to make a special claim for it. Also, don’t forget to make your bi-weekly claims or else it will often just assume you went back to work.

OozeAndOz t1_j5zkgx0 wrote

The only way my SO got through to unemployment was with an auto redial app. But reaching out to reps is move 1.

TSUTigers95 t1_j5znfqn wrote

Did you file your weekly benefits online?

labdogs42 t1_j611st9 wrote

Make sure you file online every week, even if you haven’t gotten any money yet. Then yes, you will get paid from 1/23 forward.