Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

anxiousbarista t1_j5md40q wrote

Shhh, let's keep Lancaster our secret. It's getting so populated that it's starting to lose its charm.

I totally agree about York, I lived there for 4 years and hated every moment of it. You could just tell everyone else was miserable being there too. I moved back to Lancaster County as soon as I could.

agiab19 t1_j5zmnoj wrote

The same is happening with state college, the traffic is getting so bad and the big buildings downtown … when I first moved there it was so nice because the architecture was of small town, but the food delivery was great, lots of 24/7 places. Now it’s big buildings and everything closes at 9/10 pm except a few places. Now we moved out to a more rural area, we still don’t have the deliveries we had before but now the cost of living is better and we don’t have to deal with traffic unless we go to downtown area during busy hours

antagron1 t1_j61q8ay wrote

Traffic in State College is definitely not “bad”. It might be slow for 4 blocks as you move through downtown. Try being stuck in a 2 hour stop and go jam in the 405 in LA at midnight on a weekday due to traffic volume alone

agiab19 t1_j6i8jxe wrote

Compared to a big city like LA, yeah it’s not that bad. But compared to what it was a few years ago, it’s getting bad