Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

UncleJimmee t1_j77aq23 wrote

It's an air reserve base. prob they were on drill.

bardown87 t1_j78ddt2 wrote

That base does not have fighter jets. Only cargo.

UncleJimmee t1_j78dmul wrote

hrmm good to know. i didnt know that

bardown87 t1_j78femu wrote

I believe our closest is the 131st fighter squadron out of Massachusetts. Not to say the jets weren’t stopping by for a bit.

rampart51 t1_j775iol wrote

Chasing the Chinese weather balloon?

nathanaz t1_j77b0pk wrote

No, but I can tell you that they flew so low over our house during the heavy winds that we all thought a tornado had touched down and our house was getting blown down.

sunflowerRI t1_j79xicl wrote

About what time was that? I live in NK and there were few minutes that I heard this loud droning sound but I couldn't identify it because the winds were howling, my heat was on as was the TV. I never did figure out what it was and now I'm thinking it may have been that.

nathanaz t1_j7btcug wrote

It was dark - some time in the early evening, but I don’t recall the exact time. 7ish maybe?

catman1761 t1_j7cgqcw wrote

I heard them at EB made the whole building vibrate…

flyingthrghhconcrete t1_j7827mt wrote

As someone who has lived near a military air reserve base for a long time... military planes do occasionally come and go. Perfectly normal.

NoRepresentative5593 t1_j78t3j1 wrote

I spent a few years at El Toro, it’s not like that here in RI.

It may have something to do with the Chinese balloon.

flyingthrghhconcrete t1_j78vzwo wrote

Living due south of Bradley, west of Quonset I see/hear military traffic several days a week. Fighters, cargo planes, black hawks, Chinooks. Pretty sure the fighters use the lake as a land mark, hear lots of pairs heading north to south change direction.

They always have something going on. Drills drills drills

Adept_Fennel6983 t1_j798pd2 wrote

Definitely saw them, similar to when the air show was coming up but yeah, they def flew low and screamed across the sky

FluffusMaximus t1_j78px2q wrote

MA ANG F-15s routinely fly in the area.

FrequentAnnual1262 t1_j7arnyg wrote

My AF Nephew was stationed in Boston, and had to come to Quonset to get in his required monthly hours. So perhaps it was just a drill.