Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

tilario t1_ja3537w wrote

i just hopped on zillow and see a bunch of options. here's one for $1500 in narragansett (a beach town): https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/109-Ninigret-Rd-B-Narragansett-RI-02882/2100260113_zpid/

QuinnHarbin t1_ja3g539 wrote

There are many options if the OP is open to location in the state and size.

temporaryCognition OP t1_ja49nsp wrote

Yeah I'm open to basically anywhere in the state. I just want to be relatively close to jobs so not too rural. But rural to me is like a 40 minute drive where you see nothing

QuinnHarbin t1_ja4n78o wrote

Follow where the jobs are. If you secure decent jobs in RI and you can afford $1500 within a 40 minute drive, I think you will be fine. This state is TINY!

BossCrabMeat t1_ja5rqpw wrote

Expand your search into MA too, Attleboro, Rehoboth, Seekonk, Swansea, Fall River all within 20-35 mins of Providence. That is more commutable than say Newport RI or Narragansett.

tilario t1_ja6ap6h wrote

it's hard to get 40 minutes from anything in RI. rural rhode island is very different than being rural in a big state. eg, i live in a rural area and am 35 minutes north to providence and 35 minutes east to the beach.

temporaryCognition OP t1_ja49ieh wrote

Oh holy shit that's awesome thank you!

tilario t1_ja4b7fh wrote

i was surprised. narragansett rentals often go by the school year cause people can make bank renting homes in the summertime.

temporaryCognition OP t1_ja4c4nj wrote

Ah that makes sense. I didn't think a college town would be so expensive but I guess they're renting to rich kids.

−1

Loveroffinerthings t1_ja64lc1 wrote

These houses are known as moldy mushroom village, it’s a great price in a good neighborhood, but a bit musty.