Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

fishythepete t1_j7wdgn6 wrote

I mean, someone who’s ethically ok with undercutting business from their employer might have some other ethical shortcomings.

−18

Regular-Desk233 t1_j7wszxq wrote

Capitalism. The company doesn’t give a rats ass about the painter. It’s sole motivation is profit. Ethics and morals mean nothing. Funny when the painter decided to play by those same rules he’s somehow unethical?

BlushesandGushes t1_j7xn7cf wrote

The ompany didn't play by those rules, they employed the painter, spent the money and time to earn this next job. The company isn't the one lacking morals here.

−6

Regular-Desk233 t1_j7xouib wrote

Tell me…..does that painter get to write off the gas he uses to get to work? Does he get to write off his car payments? How about his rent/mortgage payments? Does he pay a minimal tax rate? Does he pay higher tax rate for the money he makes hourly vs the owner? Cry me a river chief. The business would fire him and replace him in a moment if they could make more with someone else. Profits is all that matters. Morals are only for the workers apparently? When does a company realistically give a rats ass about an employee unless it involves making them profit? Why should this painter give a rats ass about making sure the company can screw someone and make a profit off his labor? Fail to see upside in terms of business sense for the worker. He takes risk of asking for side job (customer could rat him out and get him fired), he offers (competition and capitalism let’s not forget there’s no loyalty or morals, the market rules) to give the customer a better deal. That’s the way the cookie crumbles.

[deleted] t1_j7wdv0b wrote

[deleted]

fishythepete t1_j7wen2t wrote

Cool. Incorporate, buy insurance, and get your own leads. Otherwise the only one getting robbed is this guys employer who’s paying this guy to estimate a job for himself.

−16

BlushesandGushes t1_j7xo689 wrote

Bssed upon the down votes it appears that legitimacey isn't exactly the RI way 🤔

−3