Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

RhodyDeaner t1_j82czle wrote

This list is a complete joke. Two of them are closed down.

Circe? Ten Steak and Sushi? Camilles?

Joke.

menboss t1_j82fom3 wrote

Circe was so meh, the food was ok but not great and the drinks were like 7/11 slushies with a nip in them. Spent $200 after tip on my wife’s birthday for horrible drinks and a completely forgettable meal.

Dt74104 t1_j82fl3y wrote

I’m pretty sure it’s a summary of TripAdvisor reviews/ratings. Unfortunately, Scott Adams was unavailable to write the joke list. When was the last time you ate at Camille’s or Circe?

wormholeweapons t1_j81tith wrote

They have some old stand bus that just aren’t so hot anymore for a variety of reasons.

For my wife and I. Gracie’s is still always our fave. But we limit how often we go because of the cost.

Persimmon is really good.

Mills tavern was always a fave but there have been service issues the last few times.

New rivers is excellent.

We are super biased to the Providence Oyster Bar. Our two favorite bartenders work there. As does our oldest son. So it’s sort of our go to. But I suppose it’s not “fine dining” to most folks.

Circe is excellent.

I’d add Nicks on Broadway to this list and dump Capriccio. It was amazing back in the day. Less so now. And it’s in a basement. A basement.

Chris_Mannix OP t1_j8208tj wrote

Yes! We had our company xmas party at Capriccios in 2005. It was awesome. Not so much these days. And yes Nicks! Best breakfast I have ever had!

menboss t1_j82fy2p wrote

This list is practically and ad. Capital grille?! No Oberlin, Kleos, Aguardente, or Den Den. Doesn’t mention the kitchen at the Royal Bobcat either which is an incredible Korean Cajun fusion.

FrutaFertil t1_j83pe0y wrote

None of those restaurants are fine dining. I think that’s the focus of the list.

RandomChurn t1_j83ovav wrote

>Aguardente

You like Aguardente? I walk by it every day; the one person I've met that's gone said that it's not that good, esp for the price? If you disagree, I'd definitely try it.

glennjersey t1_j83qesz wrote

I didnt find the price particularly objectionable last time I went. What I found objectionable was that the paella had almost no flavor to it :(

That being said everything else was good.

RandomChurn t1_j84ehrp wrote

>the paella had almost no flavor

That's a pretty bad sign 😣 .. especially when Odinis is so, so good

princess_carolynn t1_j8vtusg wrote

I'd agree with your friend. Food is meh. Ambiance is fantastic though so I'd still recommend it to take people out.

menboss t1_j84eflf wrote

Love Aguardente. The lamb and octopus is sooo good. Drinks are also great there. My only gripe with them is that you need a reservation even for the bar.

menboss t1_j84egq3 wrote

Love Aguardente. The lamb and octopus is sooo good. Drinks are also great there. My only gripe with them is that you need a reservation even for the bar.

−1

menboss t1_j84eehj wrote

−2

Immaeachoo t1_j83hugy wrote

I used to work at Hemingway's, totally overrated and overpriced. Kitchen staff was treated like garbage. Spend your money elsewhere!

RiTerrapin t1_j81qrq1 wrote

Gracie’s is good, but we’ve really become Persimmon fans over the last few years. They should be ranked higher.

masoyama t1_j82csio wrote

Circe, Gracies, New Rivers and Persimmon are great. Missing Oberlin to be sure.

Rhody1964 t1_j84umpm wrote

I would not put Capital Grill or Flemings that high. Pot au Feu is great. Never had a meal there that wasn't amazing.

Hemenway's is good but I wouldn't rank it as one of the best.