Submitted by give_me_wine t3_113b5ik in RhodeIsland

I was driving south on 95 right before exit 33 and the route 10 overpass when a car behind me merged left and hit me, shredding the rear drivers side tire, damaging the left rear bumper, and leaving huge scratches on the rear drivers side door, and took off. Unfortunately I don’t have a dash cam and I didn’t get their plate number. All I know is the car is a dark red Subaru sedan, possibly a legacy.

I called 911, state police took a statement, and I filed a claim with my car insurance. I don’t have collision (my car is pretty old) so they told me they won’t pay to fix the car so basically I’m responsible for the cost of repairs.

If anyone has information on this car or you have dash cam footage from the same time, please dm me. I’d really appreciate any help I can get.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

GhostOpera406 t1_j8phqtq wrote

The amount of hit and runs I've heard about lately is absolutely insane. It's why I got a dash cam but I still need to get a rear one too.

give_me_wine OP t1_j8pir0g wrote

First hit and run I’ve ever been involved in, and I haven’t been in an accident in over 10 years. Guess this is the push I really needed to finally buy a dash cam

allhailthehale t1_j8sv056 wrote

100% not trying to rub it in but I would recommend getting uninsured motorist! Maybe I'm just unlucky but I've used it multiple times. It's much cheaper than collision and it typically (maybe not always?) covers hit and runs.

give_me_wine OP t1_j8teu9f wrote

According to my policy I do have uninsured motorist coverage and it says it covers hit and runs in most cases. I’m currently in a disagreement with GEICO because of course they don’t want to pay up 🙄

Figla34 t1_j8v8ak0 wrote

You said the magic word, Geico. Fight them on it.

MrGT103 t1_j8rm5r8 wrote

You Rhode Islanders are the shittiest drivers so I’m not surprised this happens often.

−14