Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

SloopD t1_javm8t3 wrote

I'm sorry for you and your grandmother's loss...

If you really want to get rid of it cheap. Take the cover off, give it a cleaning and take a bunch of photos. Find out all you can about the make and model and then post it for sale or an add for a free boat and trailer. My guess is that the boat may have a good reputation. It may be why your grandfather decided he wanted to restore it. Someone else may feel the same way!

You could even post it up here to see if anyone knows anything about it. Some boats have support groups where you'd get good advice and maybe an interested party.

UncleJimmee t1_javnfb6 wrote

this is good advice. especially If op has the paperwork(reg/title especially) for it it's worth something to someone. CL, fb, offerup etc

Unique-Public-8594 t1_javl45o wrote

8 hours ago u/SueekieDeekie wrote this on a post about disposing of a junk car:

> As far as “bang for your buck” goes, […] put it up on FB/Craigslist.

> You’ll have to do a little more work here but who knows maybe someone will want to pay for it.

SqueakieDeekie t1_javoybo wrote

Ya actually a lot of those “donate a car” places will take a boat too, depending on how difficult the situation is to get it out (is it on a trailer?) you might be able to donate it and if so the donation people will pick it up. Boats are a little trickier than cars though

doctor_deny t1_javy8sh wrote

Pictures of said boat might help get you some better advice.

One of the problems - besides the solid waste component of old boats - are integral fuel tanks. Emptying old fuel and properly disposing of these tanks cost money. Some disposal facilities will require proof the boat doesn’t have fuel/wastewater tanks.

If you’re handy, you could rent a dumpster and cut the boat up with a sawzall. It might be a bit cheaper than having someone haul it whole.

overthehillhat t1_jawxcp7 wrote

Sail or Power?

Manufacturer / Year ?

Picture?

platinumpiper t1_jb396pt wrote

Give it to my nieghbor… hes already got one staring at me through my living room window that will never move.

[deleted] OP t1_javphrs wrote

In New England there are services to do this. I want to say it starts at about $2000