Submitted by Much-Raisin5122 t3_11ihx9i in RhodeIsland

The wife and I will be driving to north carolina this May with a 3 and 5 year old. Looking for stops along the way to check out. We were thinking hersey park, but at that time of year they are only open on the weekends.

We may be driving strait down for 13 hours starting thursday night, then making stops on the way back. Not sure just yet, but will be with family for the weekend then driving back Sunday night. We have the entire week off so we figure spending a few nights over some where not to far out of the way.

Suggestions from any RI's who have done this before?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Status_Silver_5114 t1_jayawgr wrote

The pez museum in CT is fun believe it or not - a quick one but if you need a half hour of kids getting their yayas out on the home stretch. We did in on the way back from OBX. Altho your kids are young enough they might just sack out? Never been to Hershey park but hear it’s fun. Isn’t there a Lego land near there too? (Never been).

XanderScott95 t1_jayf8eo wrote

I can remember Southbound road trips when I was that age or a little older... I can remember Clyde Peelings' Reptile Land in Pennsylvania wss a great zoo - still open today. Luray Caverns in Virginia was another favorite.

Hot-Asparagus613 t1_jaym196 wrote

I’ve done this drive before and we took 81 instead of 95 to avoid traffic. Lots of things to do in Virginia - there’s a drive thru safari park that’s a lot of fun

I_Like_Knitting_TBH t1_jaymzba wrote

Will you be driving through Norfolk VA at all? If so, there’s a fantastic botanical garden there. It’s huge and a pretty place to walk around.

Dry_Sheepherder_2399 t1_jayot0m wrote

Cumberland Farms as soon as you hit B-More/Maryland for Fried Chicken. They cook it 24hours a day there but don’t here. Chaps for Pit Beef if your Still Hungry. Loving the idea of the Long drive with the Babies. Miss those Days!

[deleted] t1_jaytot2 wrote

We did the caverns near Front Royal and a piece of the Skyline drive. Broke up the trip nice.