Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] OP t1_jb2xk6x wrote

Reply to comment by katieleehaw in Night life by [deleted]

[deleted]

gooberhoover85 t1_jb421dq wrote

You don't have to be much of a dancer to go to salsa. A lot of times they have a free class beforehand where they teach people how to dance. Very non-threatening and lots of beginners and then you stay for music and drinks and can practice. It's really fun and salsa is not hard, the moves are very simple. Great way to meet people that isn't just drinking at a bar. And perfectly fine if you go alone and plenty of women to meet. It's a lot of fun.

Lonely_Ad8983 t1_jb4h4y1 wrote

If you like history there's a farm in I think it's Lincoln/Smithfield on 126 N that is looking for volunteers, I'm introverted as well but have been pushing myself to get outside more online dating is dismal at best and can't meet anyone sitting at home . ( I'm almost 53 single for years) I'm working myself up to joining a group of some sort this spring to make area friends ect . Good luck

spoobles t1_jb5d4x4 wrote

>Idk if there’s any hope for me.

There is always hope. One of life's biggest lessons I've learned is, that you need to realize that making an ass of yourself (at first) isn't as huge of a deal as we all think it is. In the end the only one who cares about it is you. We're all scared and want acceptance. Confidence is incremental.

Two quotes I think of are "When you get out of your comfort zone your comfort zone gets bigger", and (Thanks to Adventure Time) "Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something".