Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

newbiePVD t1_jbmczuk wrote

watch out for this, RI has a higher income threshold on SS for accepting people on Medicaid. That is you could qualify for Medicaid in Mass & not in RI, I tried to ask RI Medicaid if I would qualify before I moved but they refused to tell me. The Point a service of the United Way working for the Providence dept of Elder Affairs helped me sign up for an appropriate insurance. The worst part was trying to get a new primary care MD. There is a PCP shortage in RI. About 40 doctors told me they were not taking new patients. I found 1 Dr. at Charter Care on line who might accept new patients, When I called the secretary dropped my call (that happened a lot) but I went straight to the office & got that appt after 2 months of trying. By all means keep your Mass Drs but if Mass Health finds out you've moved out of state it's over.

Pinsit OP t1_jbo7vk6 wrote

Weirdly enough I have a couple friends who say they have masshealth and a RI address and aren’t even trying to hide it, like their paperwork even has their RI addresses. But I’m not touching that with a 10 foot pole lol.

Thanks, a lot of people have told me finding a doctor is impossible. I didn’t realize it would be so bad. It’s such a catch 22, rent here in mass is abysmal but the healthcare is so good, meanwhile the rent in providence is noticeably cheaper but without healthcare that means nothing…

newbiePVD t1_jboayls wrote

That is great that they kept their insurance maybe because they didn't register their car in RI. I also really needed nearby Drs in RI. I have gotten good care from Dr. Mohammedridab in East Providence. Good luck, mostly moving to RI has been an improvement.,