Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

argument_sketch t1_jdambeb wrote

Grew up in RI. Went to college and worked in Central NY. Have lived and worked in MA since then.

Tough call. I loved all three places. might retire in Rhode Island. But, honestly, I think Massachusetts has its shit together more than the other 2 states.

liliumsuperstar t1_jdankkr wrote

I love MA but they priced me out. Still very happy in RI but MA is home.

Imaginary_Kangaroo80 OP t1_jdan8jj wrote

I work in Massachusetts because jobs here don’t pay enough so hey, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. There’s more than just the wacky crime that goes on elsewhere that I’m thankful for.

sbaz86 t1_jdc71sy wrote

I live in RI, work in MA too, mostly the Boston area. Pay is much better.

Distinct-Ad5751 t1_jdannge wrote

I’m from Greater Boston and have lived in RI for 25+ years. MA definitely has its advantages but RI has come a looong way.

Imaginary_Kangaroo80 OP t1_jdaoagi wrote

We have! But I do like Massachusetts and it’s residents and jobs, I like both states!

TheUnholyHustler t1_jdba8yk wrote

I'm currently living in downtown Providence and moving to MA towards the end of summer. I'll always love RI but I don't see myself living there again. I'm excited for some change as the last year living downtown hasn't been the greatest experience.

burner4199 t1_jdc556h wrote

MA to RI transplant, Downtown Providence makes Boylston Street seem like a casual stroll and I have no idea how people live there.

AbStRaCt1179 t1_jddb9pr wrote

Please for the love of your money Retire down South. NC and SC are perfect for Northern Pensions.