Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Bad-Habit-2020 t1_jduhs12 wrote

Its not you OP. IMO, it's just unfortunately the nature of the current job market nationally. I had applied for jobs for a full year while burnt out at my full time job. Had only 1 interview and they never called back after that.

I finally quit my job a couple of months ago and moved out of state (also bc housing was too expensive in RI). Job market is still sluggish were i moved but I get more responses. So 🤞🏽

EDIT: Best of luck in your job search

AttackonRetail t1_jdux81m wrote

What type of work were you doing before? What are your basic details and qualifications for work you are seeking?

There are plenty of remote work positions to seek out beyond RI borders, but you have to be bit more specific to cast your net.

AhChingados t1_jdv0t2q wrote

I couldn’t find a job in RI, but I was basically recruited by a Boston company. MA wages make RI livable.

GlitteryPusheen t1_je0dwa9 wrote

I live in RI and work in MA. RI wages are too low.

If it's any help, my entire field is perpetually short staffed, and in MA wages are usually $17-$20 starting pay. I work as a direct support professional. I take care of disabled adults living in a group home. I honestly love my job.

Electronic_House_981 t1_je0gz4p wrote

Where in MA do you work? I’m currently a DSP at Perspectives in RI and the wage is sooo low.

Jmac3366 t1_jdv1xqc wrote

What kind of work are you looking for some places are still hiring but the work might be less desirable

wyethswindows t1_jdv7lno wrote

You could check out some of the temp agencies, they might be able to find you something that could turn into a temp-to-hire position.

waninggib t1_jdxiij9 wrote

Progressive Insurance is hiring multiple roles. It’s not the best job mentally and can be stressful but it does pay well.

Street_Run_6445 t1_jdye6y2 wrote

Ok, so you quit your job without having another job lined up, terrible plan.

fruit_cats t1_jdvlhoq wrote

I’m having trouble but I think it’s because I am 7.5 months pregnant.

I do super well on the screener, and on the first interview over zoom but when employees see me in person for the second interview it’s a hard pass.

I’m hoping it will be easier to find a job after the baby is born!

BlockSubstantial1909 t1_jdxlgvn wrote

AAA starts pretty high and is a reputable employer. If you have customer svc or call center experience you should apply. There's financial services, insurance, membership, travel, and road service, all hiring. Just have to be a people person with good customer service skills. Some are remote positions as well. Working with the public is always draining but the company really supported their employees when I was there.