Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Silly_Yak_3741 OP t1_itgb2gf wrote

Im so happy see so many people have seen this and commented! Some things to point out, we have title insurance so they are helping with the fight, even though it doesn't look good at this point. One main reason i want this to be heard all over is to have this ancient law changed. I have read in some states that adverse possession does not apply to recent property sales but RI is not one of those states. Unfortunately we did everything in our power before purchasing the land to make sure what we were buying, this is something that can be brought forward at any time. I understand there is a law to be able to do something like this, it just takes a different kind of person to actually use it. we have lived in this town all of our lives, and have know the neighbors most of our lives as well. For them to do this to us while we are trying to build a home for my family is atrocious. Just another reminder that politicians like Felag all talk about being for the people of this state, and clearly could care less about them. All we want to do is use the land we purchased 3 months ago for our family and this monster is stealing that.