Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

_CaesarAugustus_ t1_ivmisil wrote

Reply to comment by AleutianMegaThrust in Surfers. by TwinFinTriggerFish

Man, you’re still here. Shit-talking people. On the internet. To someone that clearly doesn’t agree with you. Can confirm: It says more about you. Keep that negativity to yourself.

−1

AleutianMegaThrust t1_ivmixd7 wrote

You funny. Angry. I bet you slash ct drivers tires at the beach lol

Thank you for adding "keep that negativity to your self' after your original post.

_CaesarAugustus_ t1_ivmkpwo wrote

You’re still going. You’re still being a knob. The only one making generalized statements about people is you. The only one disrespecting people you hardly know is you. Who even said anything about CT drivers? You. It’s like you’re projecting.

−1

AleutianMegaThrust t1_ivmm2k5 wrote

Looking through your comments I don't see you being a troll so I'm confused.

The fact is I've made generalized statements about people and I agree. Do you want to learn about the experiences behind them?

The many times during college after growing up in pawtucket where in high school I was taking the bus down to Newport walk to pick up my board and walking what felt like a thousand miles to 1st beach to get better. Working at (sorry it was elemental at the time) which again meant walking from downtown Newport. The culture there was great. I surfed the avenues the KS the beach breaks pj, ruggles, tuckermans etc etc etc. In the 10+ years in newport and gansett I've only had two issues with other people surfing once was at gansett the other was at Monehans.

Then finally getting a car living near Scarborough going to URI surfing evrything was great but going to matunuck to get threatened, snaked, etc when I was 20 often by people my age but also older than me.

I have NEVER had a pleasant experience surfing in matunuck as people don't take turns everyone wants every wave cool not for everyone. Shit surfing in Hawaii as a haole I got more respect.

I've surfed with Peter pan and that old man was aggressive but he still gave up perfect waves to people in different areas of gansett because he had respect and was not an asshole.

So based on my many experience which could totally have to do with me.

For the hundreds of times I've surfed the only place I've consistently had to battle the whole "local" thing was Matunuck.

Sid sat down with an interview with me even though I was a city kid for a project about the clifwalk in college. He gave me wax when I was slipping on my rails trying to get to 10.

Newport and Gansett surf culture are much more inclusive.