Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SeanRobertsFerngully t1_ivkax5k wrote

If you're eligible for scholarships and seek them out. I got 1500 for writing a dumb 2 paragraph essay. I had centennial at the time so it got paid out as a check so used it for fees instead. This was also 10+ years ago though

PinkSwallowLove OP t1_ivkb88s wrote

This is something I definitely plan on doing, I am going to be extremely diligent and on top of it in regards to applying for as many scholarships as I can.

nathanaz t1_ivkgan0 wrote

What is ‘centennial’?

No_Act_5441 t1_ivkht8c wrote

The centennial is a scholarship for RI kids (or was) that could get you up to full tuition , but I don't think that is possible here as I got offered it in high-school and think it was a one time offer, I made the dumb mistake of going somewhere else and taking out a bunch of loans that took 10 years to pay off

FAYCSB t1_ivkphm2 wrote

My roommate had a centennial scholarship and she was from CT. That said, I graduated in 2005.

nathanaz t1_ivknbsy wrote

Ah. Thanks for that info!

I’m asking bc my kid is in HS and looking at options for college right now. URI is the default if she 1) doesn’t get into a ridiculously good school (Stanford, Brown, etc) and 2) can’t find a different school that will cost a similar amount to URI.

A full-tuition scholarship would certainly tip the scales toward URI….