Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Beezlegrunk t1_iy46zoy wrote

>”She is under close watch by Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and some other left-wing Democrats, who have criticized her as being too solicitous of corporate interests. Some progressive groups have accused Ms. Raimondo of being under the influence of big tech firms and not thoroughly disclosing those ties. > >“Secretary Raimondo’s job is to help grow an economy that works for everyone, not to be the chief lobbyist for the Chamber of Commerce,” Sen. Warren said in a statement to the New York Times. “I have real concerns about the department’s approach, whether it’s approving assault weapon sales, negotiating trade deals or supporting big tech companies.” > >… > >”Unlike some progressive Democrats, Ms. Raimondo clearly does not see an issue with being labeled ‘pro-business.’ > >’I come from a place in my politics that, fundamentally, Americans are pro-job, pro-business, pro-wealth,’ she said.”

Just what America needs — a neoliberal, Clinton-era centrist 20+ years after Clinton-era neoliberalism has been thoroughly discredited as a failed economic doctrine and blueprint for winning elections (see the other Clinton in 2016). Like most Rhode Islanders, Raimondo lives in a time warp and sees it as a point of pride rather than a flaw …