Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Firebird22x t1_iwngi61 wrote

This way makes more sense in the long run, it’s easier math.

If there’s no traffic and I’m at exit 4, and I need to get off exit 28, I’m driving 24 miles.

As long as I’m driving around 60, which most people do, you’ll get to that exit in about 24 minutes

[deleted] t1_iwnjhkp wrote

[deleted]

psyguy45 t1_iwnjlzc wrote

Most people driving around 60mph?! Clearly you don’t live in Rhode Island 😂🤣

Edit: for clarity

Firebird22x t1_iwnk97t wrote

Hah I could take this both ways. Rush hour definitely less. Normal day, sure south of EG you’re doing 75-80, but I’d say it averages out.

Driving from my mother in law’s in Westerly to Cranston when we lived there it was a pretty consistent 45 minutes. 10 on backroads, 30-35 highway (which is right in line with 31 to 33 for the Cranston exit now)

BoMbSqUAdbrigaDe t1_iwnkuk9 wrote

You're going the wrong way.

Firebird22x t1_iwnkykf wrote

I’m not sure what you mean

BoMbSqUAdbrigaDe t1_iwnlww7 wrote

Ok how bout this...... You're going the wrong wayyyyyyyyy. It's a reference that didn't hit once, so I doubt it will make sense to you. .

Firebird22x t1_iwnm6yd wrote

Assuming it’s from planes trains and automobiles (at least that’s what came up), I haven’t seen that yet unfortunately.

I have seen clips that were pretty good, I probably should give it a watch

KennyWuKanYuen t1_iwntagf wrote

That’s pretty slow… I think I’ve made it back from Westerly to PVD in 30-35 minutes a few years back. Hell, I made it back from IKEA to PVD in 33 minutes.

TheDominoEffectEST89 t1_iwqzta7 wrote

I've gotten to Providence from Newport in 35 minutes. I have chronic lead foot syndrome with a perfect driving record. No tickets, nadaaaa. Got to Narragansett from Pawtucket yesterday in about 25. When you get in the fast lane, I looked down at my odometer, at one point on I-95S, I'm 4th of a train of 6 cars all going the same-ish speed. That speed being 96mph by the exits down by Warwick 😅 WE GO VROOM VROOM and we had a Honda Pilot pass allllll of us while he was chitchatting away on his phone. 😅 #RIDrivingPros

KennyWuKanYuen t1_iwr0fyf wrote

As long as you use your indicators I’m perfectly happy. XD

It feels like I’m not even moving when I’m going 50-60. 70 seems normal and 90 feels like I’m moving. I don’t know how people manage to drive so slow AND have no situational awareness. Like you see a fast car coming up behind , you’d think “oh let them go merge over”, but nope they’re like “I’m going to brake right when you get close and there’s nothing in front of me to brake for.”