Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wormholeweapons t1_iwt24lj wrote

Why do you need a place without seafood? Just tell them you have a shellfish allergy. In fact here they all do a super job of limiting issues when a known allergy is present.

I am not sure why anyone here is saying “Italian places won’t have seafood”. Uh. Yeah that’s dead wrong. Every Italian place here in RI has fra diablo (spicy seafood pasta) or lobster ravioli or some other seafood based pasta dish.

Again. You should go to a higher end place and tell them of your specific allergy and stress it is severe. They will take care of you.

Distinct-Ad5751 t1_iwu1gww wrote

I can’t think of an Italian restaurant that doesn’t have seafood.

Holofro OP t1_iwt2n6x wrote

I'm paranoid because my allergy is very severe. I guess I could call ahead and ask if they could handle it. Just very nervous

wormholeweapons t1_iwt3df3 wrote

Ok. I am going to be very frank here.

If your allergy is truly that severe and you are that nervous. Don’t go out to eat. Anywhere. Especially in an area like RI where seafood is a staple in all cuisines and cooking here.

I feel for you and understand how much it can restrict you and all. But if it’s that bad then why take the risk. Otherwise. Trust the people to be professionals and do their job. No restaurant wants an ambulance showing up because they almost killed a customer. If you trust the pilot to fly the plane or doctor to do the surgery. Trust the kitchen staff to not cross contaminate.

If you don’t trust them…Stay home.

It’s really that simple.

Holofro OP t1_iwt9wsk wrote

Totally agree with what you're saying, and maybe I'm more in my head than I'd like to be. I do carry an epi-pen. I just feel bad for my partner who wants to try these restaurants, and I get skittish. I just wish there were more veggie/vegan restaurants around like Plant City.

I live in Pittsburgh and we have a handful of restaurants that don't have any seafood on the menu, so I guess I am also used to that.

MissChampy t1_iwtq4wx wrote

We have so many great places!! And we have plenty of vegan spots!! These are ones I know of since I'm not vegan. I'll add when I think of more.

Basil & Bunny, Garden Grille, Veggie Fun, PiANTA Vegan Restaurant, Julian's, Wildflour, Nice Slice Pizzeria.