Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

StarlightLeyLine OP t1_j0baovv wrote

Reply to comment by OctoberRust13 in Foster. by StarlightLeyLine

I'm a forensic accountant. I go over books for inconsistencies "intentional mistakes" fraud, international laundering and all other fun stuff. Foster was chosen due to travel time. Where I'm from an hour or two hours commute isn't outside normal, relative isolation, lack of extra curricular activities for "concentration and accuracy" oh they have a whole formulae for choosing the ideal spot for me to pour over thousands of pages of inter-dept, international, and interpersonal communications and transactions looking for clever games of "let's hide the weasel.

FieryVegetables t1_j0cfsps wrote

Wow, lack of extra curricular activities!

StarlightLeyLine OP t1_j0cfy4r wrote

Yes they want me to concentrate. I need a way to take my mind off. So I take their limits of our in the boon docks and find fun things to do

FieryVegetables t1_j0cugfk wrote

It’s not exactly Las Vegas :) But for the stuff you like, there’s plenty.

StarlightLeyLine OP t1_j0cv8h0 wrote

Irony the 6 weeks I spent in Vegas last year doing this job I camped 90% of the time snd opted to live in a trailer so a mobile home is well not about them or below me so as long as I can see the sky or go for a walk I can figure out something to do lol. Out there it was arrow head hunt off the road. Best spot was a recently graded highway service road.

FieryVegetables t1_j0d2xo3 wrote

Neat! I don’t think I’d enjoy Vegas, but I do love it here. There is lots to do, and natural beauty.

StarlightLeyLine OP t1_j0d6mxc wrote

Im the same way. Dislike city bustle but work in DC (not government) at our home office. Love the outdoors but I can't audit the hoover dam either lol. Love the outdoors. Work metro