Submitted by elizabethbr18 t3_zltr6n in RhodeIsland

I’m looking to get a relatively small tattoo on my hip and was looking for tattoo artist recommendations in the area. I’d prefer female but not super strict on that one. TIA!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Anonymike7 t1_j0734xx wrote

There are amazing female artists at 1001 Troubles, in Warren

Meyhna t1_j074pe8 wrote

Tate Dean at FINAO Ink is the bomb. Been going to him for a decade

Edit: my wife also suggests Monica Hollow at Hollow Moon Tattoo

Easy_Light_1598 t1_j07k5d2 wrote

Monica is so hard to get in with 😭

Meyhna t1_j07kd5h wrote

Very very true but she's phenomenal. Me wife got a spirit tattoo and it's incredible.

Triggify t1_j07exfb wrote

Never get one from Jeremey, dude will take your 800 bucks for a full sleeve, do one session then ghost you forever keeping the money

Meyhna t1_j07fyv2 wrote

I've never worked with him. But I've been working with Tate through a few different shops. Dude does high quality art, even helped me with a rework from a botched tat from 1001.

RumRunnerLizard t1_j07chsp wrote

I go to Nick at Unicorn ink in Providence. I haven’t had any tattoos done by anyone else there but I have had friends who have been very happy with Liz and Ria who work there. It’s a great shop overall with amazing artists (and people).

(Edit to fix autocorrect)

chatendormi t1_j07b2et wrote

Phoenix tattoo in Cranston.. women owned

kingbowser313 t1_j07ucfj wrote

Great spot, talented artists and a very welcoming shop

Mehitobel t1_j07xoib wrote

Agreed. I’m going to them for my next piece.

BrandonC41 t1_j073bka wrote

I highly recommend Lucky Moon Tattoo in Smithfield

SDVNova t1_j07fvrv wrote

I like Rick from Torchbearer. His work looks very sharp and clean. His Instagram is iftheshroudfits

I also like Zander from Wakefield Tattoo. Also clean work. His Instagram is zanderthorn

aquatourmalinedream t1_j08ambx wrote

Came here to recommend Rick. Amazing work and super professional! I’ve had three large pieces done be them and couldn’t be happier!

OLLIEandDUCK t1_j07v3qh wrote

I’m a regular with Rob at Marco’s but Jess is also amazing there too!

SusieRI t1_j07iojt wrote

Lori @ color creations tattoo in East Providence. She's not only an artist, she's the owner of the shop. Heard nothing but fantastic things about her! (401-438-9297, colorcreationstatts@gmail.com)

FoleyisGood t1_j080mti wrote

the shop seems to be closed as they look for a new location

SusieRI t1_j080xwq wrote

Pretty sure she's taking appointments (and I see her car at the shop on occasion).

Academic_Actuary_971 t1_j08510w wrote

If you’re looking for something floral, Jen G at Anchor Steam in Newport.

backwardblackbird t1_j07aaso wrote

Check out Corinne at Inflicted Ink in Portsmouth (corinne.clapper.tattoo on Instagram) or Amanda at Pretty Deadly in West Warwick (amanda_deadly on Instagram)

[deleted] t1_j07w26r wrote

Steph at II is awesome too, particularly for photo realism

angryfarts30 t1_j0cg239 wrote

I’ve had all of my geeky tattoos done by Corinne and she’s amazing!

lovegiblet t1_j07ekqn wrote

Great Tattoo in North Smithfield just added a lady inker! Everything I’ve seen out of there is dynamite. Good people too, I’ve known Chris since like 1997.

You can see on the instas - shop is Great_Tattoo_Parlor, and the artist I mentioned is renemvrie

pumpkincraisin t1_j07fcvc wrote

Jess Reef in Attleboro @ Pleasure in Pain

LateToSapphos t1_j07h5k7 wrote

Insta is Tattoos.by.Jessica.Elaine shes in Bellingham, Mass but she’s well worth the trip!

geffe71 t1_j07jr2t wrote

Emily at Sacred Traditions in Pawtucket

FluffyGrouch t1_j09g3va wrote

Depends on what style you are going for but I really like Karissa (goes by _hellrose on insta) at Wildcard Tattoo or Sofia (@sofiasparklez on insta) who has her own studio space.

amp138 t1_j09imh2 wrote

Iron fucking Hand

coyote_grundy_666 t1_j0a2uag wrote

Wild card. I get all my work from Michael but there are great female artists there as well check out their Instagram for contacts

dunkaccino_ t1_j0b7rjy wrote

Will at Anchor Steam Tattoo in Newport is super talented and such a nice guy, seen him twice already. I believe he also works at United Ink in Warwick. Also loved Nick from Unicorn Ink in North Providence!

leavingthecold t1_j07sycm wrote

Not sure if you already have tattoos but I would volunteer my prison style tattoos ( never been to prison ) a small zap and if you don't have any tattoos already think of it as your rite of passage tattoo lol.

−10