Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

bradshaw1992 OP t1_j0g5utj wrote

Now 95N from 37 to 10 is at a standstill, and 295 through "the canyons" is extra slow from rerouting. So just call in sick at this point, I guess? Good luck, folks. Happy Friday.

BoSocks91 t1_j0gnppw wrote

Ahhh this explains the slow down omw to work (I take 295)

bradshaw1992 OP t1_j0g308h wrote

Also 10N is backed up already this morning, near standstill, due to rerouting traffic from 95. This is starting to back up the 6/10 split, so best to avoid that area entirely if possible.

OutlandishnessNo7283 t1_j0gg6bn wrote

The fact that they put two ads before a “breaking news” story where someone lost their life is pretty low.

dishwashersafe t1_j0grmxa wrote

I mean the ads are there before any news story. It's not a deliberate choice. What's maybe more low is spending about as much time lamenting the traffic situation for commuters as the loss of a life. Hell, this post didn't even bother mentioning that someone was killed.

bradshaw1992 OP t1_j0h1idr wrote

That was a later addition to the article so calm down. I'm just now learning that the crash was fatal which is a sad update. Hope everyone else made it through the wind gusts and slick roads safely this morning.

dishwashersafe t1_j0h2fwk wrote

No worries, I didn't realize the article was updated! The heads up here is appreciated.

OutlandishnessNo7283 t1_j0h9x6a wrote

I have no doubt that it is within their power to remove ads from any of their videos before posting.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_j0hap3s wrote

I'm not sure they suspended commercial breaks in the morning news either. This is just how the world works.

tjean5377 t1_j0h84z2 wrote

Poor bastard hit a stopped car in the high speed lane and was ejected, hope he felt no pain. JFC.

Thegarlicbreadismine t1_j0hvoab wrote

What the HELL was a car doing stopped in the high speed lane at 1 AM?

jjayzx t1_j0i0yfs wrote

Article says car was disabled, but same as you, why still in that lane? If the engine suddenly stops the car doesn't immediately stop, like wtf move the car over while you still have momentum.

Thegarlicbreadismine t1_j0i4roq wrote

It’s hard to imagine any scenario which could justify a disabled car coming to a full stop in the high speed lane of 95 North.

JasonDJ t1_j0im5t7 wrote

I had a transmission lock up on me on Diamond Hill (actually it was Pine Swamp, but I found out about that after waiting 2 hours for AAA to not show up….ahh, the era before ubiquitous GPS).

It was like my car turned into a mime that hit a wall. Fucking surreal.

Proof-Variation7005 t1_j0hb61l wrote

I would've figured a tractor trailer hitting a stopped car would've been like a bowling ball hitting the pin, not that.

tjean5377 t1_j0hu8az wrote

Yeah well that trailer behind the driver had quite a bit of momentum as well.

PurinaHall0fFame t1_j0ganax wrote

Glad I got out of the city before this shit show. Ty for the info!

GotenRocko t1_j0gsqie wrote

I was wondering why the office was emptier than usual this Friday morning.

sc00p401 t1_j0gz3rq wrote

So yeah.. side effect of this was any RIPTA routes that use 95 or one of the major N/S roads you can take instead were severely delayed. I was downtown to take the 14 and it never came, twice. I never saw the 66 the whole time either. I went home at 8:30 when I finally heard the highway was closed.

HiHo-Silver t1_j0hdgsm wrote

Oh no this is terrible 😞