Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Beebeeleen t1_j0x3zh1 wrote

The moderator removed the other poster’s comment, which complicates much of our exchange. I’ll try to address your points below.

I agree that context matters. The poster did state they will not support ANY religion. They described some of the negative consequences of a few well-known religions, which were global examples that included Christianity, Islam, and Judaism. The big three so to speak. Your reply amounts to limiting the discussion to the US. There is no good reason to only consider this country while listing why someone does not support religion.

Now, what complicates any discussion about this topic is ambiguity. I will assume you understand the term Jew can apply to a member of the Jewish faith and/or an ethnic Jew (who might be secular and/or atheist or of another faith such as Buddhism).

I can only speak for myself here. I condemn all acts of discrimination. I condemn the recent propaganda against Jews (religious and secular).

Your second paragraph comes off as a personal attack more than anything. Do you know that person? I don’t. I didn’t find the post evidence of an uneducated person. But, I admit I only read one or two posts. Did you read more? I wonder on what grounds you make your claim.