Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Delgado-Jonathan t1_j1fvqgz wrote

The word unfortunate doesn’t do it justice. I hope they are alright

mirthilous t1_j1g4gu9 wrote

They were fine. He got out of the truck and was sitting on top of the cab when the rescue crew showed up.

maybebullshitmaybe t1_j1g0xwb wrote

That sucks but I feel like it could have somehow been foreseen. 🤔

jimb575 t1_j1hc8sp wrote

I agree. I think this was a case of someone thinking that they and their truck were not as badass as they thought…

Im_On_Island_Time t1_j1hjfz7 wrote

The Jamestown fire/rescue folks are volunteers, so congratulations to them on a safe and successful rescue. Taking this risk was so selfish to have put them at risk. The tide at the creek is very strong, particularly during a storm.

Also, even if you HAD the clearance, why would you drive through this much SALT water?! What a way to destroy your car!

_wheresMySuperSuit t1_j1hgx34 wrote

“Turn around? This here ain’t no Civic, baby!”

YodaHead t1_j1iib18 wrote

I bet he thought "Whoops"

headieheadie t1_j1n5axv wrote

They are gonna have to close this road soon like they did around the beavertail lighthouse.

You can feel where the erosion is removing the road base. Very different from 30 years ago! Very sad! Zeek’s has the greatest creek, well maybe the best creek in RI because the creeks they have in Florida can’t be beat, especially the creek near Mar-a-Lago now that’s a beautiful creek. I didn’t even know Mar-a-Lago had a creek until Zeek told me when I visited to make sure he was ok after seeing this photo.