Submitted by Raerae126 t3_10pldsd in RhodeIsland

Okay I know this is totally ridiculous but I worked at the bake shop in stop in shop and for years we sold these square chocolate, cheese, and almond croissant. And then the company went cheap and got these stupid tiny ones that (in my opinion) are NASTY AF and dry.

So question here, can anyone find me a dupe? I've tried Dunkin and they no longer carry them and the closes thing I've found was La Boulangére brand from Walmart but they...well aren't good.

Again silly ridiculous questions but I want one and need to know 😭😭😭

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Loveroffinerthings t1_j6l684i wrote

I think Whole Paycheck sells the frozen croissant doughs in the bakery section. I know they have pain au chocolat and plain. They were probably vie de France that S&S sold.

I_Like_Knitting_TBH t1_j6m0q4g wrote

Omg those chocolate croissants were basically a staple in our household! I’ve been missing them and haven’t found a good replacement. I agree with you- the new ones totally suck.

I think Dave’s has them sometimes but not in a 4-pack like S&S used to.

Live_Froyo3636 t1_j6m1da4 wrote

I really agree with you.. I can direct you to the most authentic French chocolate croissant in my opinion.. not sure where you are located but ‘The French Confection’ in Middletown on east Main.. you won’t regret it

FieryVegetables t1_j6mglmv wrote

I’m a fiend. Butterbang is among the very best (pop-up). Madrid is very good as well. Sift (Mystic or Watch Hill in summer) is excellent. Another worthy trip is to Flourhouse near Boston. I haven’t been to Middletown yet, but I’m going. All of these have various filled croissants - some seasonal ones, like pecan pie occasionally, but my favorite regular flavor is usually chocolate almond.

RandomChurn t1_j6mkel4 wrote

Silver Star Bakery on Ives St in Providence has amazing pan au chocolat

MoreLab5278 t1_j6o1wp8 wrote

seven stars bakery in providence, and warwick..... Croissants are their game. I don't recco places often, but I had to share.