Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AdIll6974 OP t1_j37ejv7 wrote

Reply to comment by RandallFaraday in quarters for laundry? by AdIll6974

Yeah, they get annoyed when asking too often

MissMystified t1_j37fme4 wrote

Don’t worry if they are annoyed or not. If you’re a customer of theirs, it’s literally their job to help you. If you don’t want to spring it on them in the moment, you can order them ahead of time. Call your local branch, let them know you need quarters. Order as much as you want and schedule a pick up.

RandallFaraday t1_j37f1ni wrote

yeah, I get that but dealing with money is their job right? if you feel self conscious get $50+ in cash and go to a random branch you’ve never been to. shouldn’t be a problem and 10+ rolls should last a while.

katieleehaw t1_j37flrk wrote

How is this possible? It’s a bank. They provide change as a service all the time.

Nevvermind183 t1_j37pbu3 wrote

There are businesses that go in every day and get large amounts of coin. Don’t worry about it.

BipolarChris t1_j39lwea wrote

I feel just as bad exchanging currency at a bank as I do ordering food from a restaurant.

I don't. Quite literally their job

Bad-Habit-2020 t1_j38f5y8 wrote

I can testify to the customer service person annoyed with me on couple of occasions. Before coin shortage, wasn't as bad.

LionMcTastic t1_j392n30 wrote

It's literally their job. Who cares if they get annoyed? Unless they don't have any, or are rationing them due to shortage, I wouldn't be concerned with the bank teller's feelings.

Dependent-Meet-8022 t1_j3ao589 wrote

Not as annoyed as when you bring them back a bag full unrolled. I used to go to a laundromat, but switched to doing clothes at my apartment complex, which uses a card system. Anyhow, I dropped in ten minutes before they closed. They handed me a bunch of wrappers and made me quickly roll them all myself. They were not pleased. :)

Dunder72 t1_j38xh7k wrote

You don't want to get banned. My friend got a 6 month ban from all bank withdrawals that involved coins from asking too much.

−1