Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

samskeyti_ t1_j66oehk wrote

Senator Rogers is my elected official.

buffymiffington t1_j66ohfg wrote

Ouch. Who’s your Rep?

Edited to add: would people consider a petition? Like do you think there are enough folks to band together and sign something? That could also spur some action.

samskeyti_ t1_j66ojqx wrote

Quattrocchi. :D /s

buffymiffington t1_j66ow6h wrote

Oh man. I’m sorry.

Yeah, a petition might be your best bet. Another option is sending written testimony to the House and Senate about the legislation. You may not be able to get your rep/senator to vote the way you’d like, but it would get your point across to the other folks on the committee.

ETA: town council? A lot of zoning issues are enacted at the local level. The more granular the level of govt, the more reactive they usually are to feedback.

samskeyti_ t1_j66p7pb wrote

Yeah, I’ve been up to the state house a few times to give public testimony… good times. I have good rapport with other members of the GA… it’s just hard when your elected officials are… the way they are. I have a good rapport with the town council… and tbh I think there may be an OMA violation with how it was handled in foster… we will see.

buffymiffington t1_j66qdnu wrote

Yeah, doing public testimony is a pain, but you can do written too. And yeah, that does suck. Do they win by a significant margin? Other option is running someone against them.