Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

1ngsoc t1_j64rl89 wrote

Pretty sure you’re SOL. Too bad they don’t penalize you and use that money to provide HI for you. Sorry dude/dudette/dood.

Edit: typos

Vantadvst OP t1_j64rx7l wrote

Don’t understand how people are averse to UHC but this is totally fine. Appreciate your input though!

Proof-Variation7005 t1_j64sw34 wrote

i think the opposition to universal healthcare has a lot of factors, but a LOT of the people opposed to that idea were opposed to this one.

like, this was the most hated provision of obamacare by a wide margin when it was federal

GoatessFrizzleFry t1_j66skty wrote

Erhm, it’s Romney Care. He’s the one who introduced it. Repubs love to forget that tidbit.

sonickid101 t1_j66zh8h wrote

Romney's a RINO however upon taking office, Romney faced a state legislature in which Democrats held 85 percent of the seats. So any healthcare bill he signed would have had to go through that gauntlet.

−3

1ngsoc t1_j64s3n5 wrote

I hear you. It’s frustrating and a broken system. $700 is a lot of money, I’m sorry you have to deal with a poorly implemented program.

2xth t1_j67my05 wrote

I think that, deep down, most people don't actually oppose UHC...but most politicians with the power to take it beyond talking points realize that implementation will be the biggest shit show seen, and will probably get axed by the next administration. And Obama's team had insurance lobbyists to help them crib Romneycare into a national mandate, but there's not really a working US model of UHC to expand like that.