Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

[deleted] t1_j69rvtw wrote

Great news. Rhode Island is for everybody.

[deleted] t1_j6ok7wo wrote

[removed]

−1

hcwhitewolf t1_j6olyy2 wrote

You know that this just indicates to me that you are one of the users that was banned for their transphobic comments and that you are now ban evading, which is a site-wide rule violation, right?

GhostOpera406 t1_j6b30rb wrote

Rev. Anderson has been incredibly consistent in fighting for everyone's rights in the time I've known her. She earned this position through hard work and genuine advocacy.

AhChingados t1_j6bnzvj wrote

And she is incredibly gracious, a wonderful human overall

−2

mrcphyte t1_j6d6w5w wrote

i hate the boston globe paywall

trabblepvd OP t1_j6db3gr wrote

firefox>reader view>refresh page>read article, no pics tho and the first sentence or 2 doesn't show

[deleted] t1_j6cysp2 wrote

So it’s she/her not they/them? Is that right? She has volunteered her time and is passionate about organizing folks, So be it!

[deleted] t1_j69x95x wrote

[removed]

Indy_420 t1_j6oz5p4 wrote

Lots of removed comments in this thread. Sad to see how one sided reddit has become. A safe space for weak minded.

−4

dgroach27 t1_j6p8a66 wrote

A lot of removed transphobic comments that break subreddit and Reddit rules.

[deleted] t1_j6bnwse wrote

[removed]

−12

GhostOpera406 t1_j6c7d5w wrote

> Since trans women are women (whether they transition or not), we shouldn’t shame them by recommending regular prostate exams, or anything related to their former gender.

WTF? You have to be trolling. Some anti-androgens used as part of HRT may actually mask the symptoms of prostate cancer, that's actually more reason to get screened.

[deleted] t1_j6abk0i wrote

[deleted]

−15

Dopey-NipNips t1_j6ap1he wrote

>She has been active on social justice issues of race, poverty and gender. She also is co-chair of the Rhode Island Commission on Prejudice and Bias, and a former co-chair of the State Advisory Committee for the United States Commission on Civil Rights.

As well as being an executive in this caucus for the past 2 years

pmk0286 t1_j6d5jqf wrote

Oh wow. We are so impressed. She is a long time bureaucrat.

Dopey-NipNips t1_j6d67u7 wrote

Yeah that's what the job is. She has experience in the job

The dipshit bigot I replied to said she had no qualifications but her gender

beta_vulgaris t1_j6aihne wrote

That criticism is not at all applicable here.

GhostOpera406 t1_j6b3645 wrote

Exactly. She's not only shown up but has volunteered countless hours every year in pushing for legislation and actually organizing folks.

People who actually know her, can testify to that fact. Her gender identity had nothing to do with why she was elected to this position.

samskeyti_ t1_j6djt8p wrote

Correct, I was happy to cast my vote for her!

No_Rope6843 t1_j6bm4ka wrote

Just because your gender identity is your only achievement doesn't meant that's her only achievement.