Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

fancybigballs t1_jbl7ww7 wrote

Petition to rename the other spice girls to Garlic, Cumin, Tumeric and Cinnamon?

Jarko314 t1_jblpllj wrote

Let’s not forget that those names came from a journalist (and likely a pretty racist one since she decided Mel B looked scary…)

culingerai t1_jbma3nu wrote

Technically, none of them were as they were homo sapiens which is not part of any spice family.

−24

No-Wonder1139 t1_jbmb9e3 wrote

Maybe it's what was being spiced. Like "Well, listen up, sonny Jim: I ate a baby." And he required Baby Spice for that meal.

scipio0421 t1_jbn6vs5 wrote

True, but Mel C, aka Sporty Spice, was great in Jesus Christ Superstar.

GTOdriver04 t1_jbn8901 wrote

Now she’s Red Bull Spice!

(She’s married to Christian Horner, Red Bull F1’s team boss)

oO0tooth_fairy0Oo t1_jbn9ejl wrote

Nah there’s a ‘sport’ scent of Old Spice deodorant, so Sporty is a real one too.

zigbigidorlu t1_jbo7slb wrote

When I cook babies, I always use baby spice to make them more tender and flavourful.

Aussie--Guy- t1_jbotz2e wrote

I don't know if anyone ever told her but Ginger isn't a spice It's just a root

Djinjja-Ninja t1_jboy27y wrote

Sure it is, the FDA defines spices as:

> SPICES - General Definition - Aromatic vegetable substances, in the whole, broken, or ground form, whose significant function in food is seasoning rather than nutrition. They are true to name and from them no portion of any volatile oil or other flavoring principle has been removed.

Ginger is also in the same family as cardamom and turmeric, and those would both be considered as spices as well.

Lord-llama t1_jbp490p wrote

side note but for the longest time I thought ice spice was one of the spice girls

DudesworthMannington t1_jbpa0nn wrote

I was convinced at least one of them went on to be some mega star like most of those boy/girl bands of the era, but I looked into it and none of them really did. Weird for how popular they were. They were everywhere in the 90's.

Ok_Present_6508 t1_jbpadtj wrote

Do you mean to tell me that there are no spices named baby, sporty, scary, or posh?!