Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ToxicFactory t1_jcxqx9s wrote

I mean, we don't have to hunt to survive. We have medical advancements that cure us from many diseases. We extended our lifespan by many years since the past 100 years.

We have access to food from across the world. We can travel from a point to another in a decent amount of time.

The life expentency in 1900 was 47 and is now 79.

People don't realize how hard life was just 100 years ago. Heck, just 100 years ago, women didn't have the right to vote.

All in all, it is way easier to live nowadays. The problem is that the human race is a social mammal. I feel that we are very divided these days and because of that, it makes it harder to feel appreciated, loved, and welcome amongst each other.

Some days I stay inside too long and fell like crap. As soon as go out get some fresh air I already feel a little better. I guess we can start there. Just go out.

CharlieFibonacci t1_jcxwk30 wrote

The book 'Factfulness' by Hans Rosling goes into this in detail if anyone's interested. There's also a TED talk if you haven't got time for a book. Edit: TED added.

ToxicFactory t1_jcxxb3n wrote

Thanks, yeah. I'll definitely have a look at it.

Edit : Audio book is free with Audible too!

Adventurous-6981 OP t1_jcy08tp wrote

I hear you. Life has always had its difficulties. Truth. It is easier to “live” but I just wonder if it’s easier to live, happily. Thanks.

Greenpeppers23 t1_jcyify6 wrote

What if we aren’t meant to be living to age 79? Let’s face it most elderly people don’t even wanna living that old.