Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

RazvanRFM t1_itxoavu wrote

Thank you for taking the time to explain! I actually know how to use both of these terms, it's just that I am actually very tired and didn't notice misusing the second one. Even after you pointed it out, I still didn't notice the second "than" and tried to explain how my first one is correct. I am not sure if it was autocorrect or I misspelled it manually without thinking. I apologize, and thank you once again for pointing it out!

Also, as another side note, I believe that using a comma after the word "but" would be more grammatically correct, as there you begin another sentence. Hope this helps!

Will go to sleep now! Good knight!

Due_Avocado_788 OP t1_ityw9bc wrote

While you're right the general rule is that commas should be where pauses are, it's not always the case :)

Sorry to upset you, I saw you posting in a Spanish speaking country so thought you'd want to know. Clearly not :)

RazvanRFM t1_ityxcx1 wrote

Well, that's what I remembered from the english classes at school. I went to local english competitions and always scored among the top 3 (except one time in which for some reason I scored incredibly low) .

Also, I am not a spanish speaker, you might have confused romanian with it.

And you didn't really upset me in any way. I saw this as an exchange of opinions and knowledge. Nothing to get upset about.