Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ThunderChild247 t1_itk6v59 wrote

Might be an unpopular opinion but it annoys me when people do that after sex. Less so if - a couple of minutes afterwards- the phone dings, but one of my exes would be on her phone pretty soon afterwards.

You start to feel like you should be apologising for keeping them away from their phone. It just feels a bit rude.

Norpthalomus OP t1_itl3nm4 wrote

Yeah I totally get that- my partner and I have been together a long time so it’s more of an “after we’ve cleaned up, gotten some water, gotten ready for bed, etc.”

I would be equally annoyed with the situation you’ve outlined

AlkaliPineapple t1_itljf8c wrote

That's why my bf and i have sex right before we head to sleep, it'd get awkward if we just get to our phones.

Sikph t1_itkvdue wrote

Damn I couldn't disagree more. Only comparison I can see is "addiction" as another commenter said. A cigarette after sex, or say a meal is a method to relax and unwind while still being social with your partner. If you go straight to the phone that's equivalent to saying "I got what I want from this situation, now I don't need you anymore". I'd find that pretty disrespectful and insulting if it happened to me.

Acrobatic_Lead2578 t1_itmxor9 wrote

Exactly. You're not removing your attention from the other person when you light a cigarette; you're still fully present and responsive to them. Going on your phone is effectively shutting out the other person and is even worse if you're texting someone else/checking social media. It's like you're saying they're good enough to fuck but not to talk to.

notoriuslove t1_itjydaj wrote

Yeah, instead of lighting a smoke, now I’m lighting up my double chin

Sobadatsnazzynames t1_itlb1rg wrote

I can share the cig after sex, I can’t go on someone’s phone with them 😂

Norpthalomus OP t1_itlc5tj wrote

Fair enough- unless you look at memes together 🤣

hahawhatohokay t1_itlr808 wrote

my ex and i were into some kinky shit, and afterwards he'd get on his phone and start scrolling, leaving me to clean up by myself. aftercare is very important, everyone.

BloodyPommelStudio t1_itkig43 wrote

I hate that this is probably true, they both seem to have similar addictive properties.

Freec0fx t1_itlkn7w wrote

Ya not even close you’ve never had an amazing cig after a hard session there is almost nothing better then a cog after sex plus it’s partly intimate both looking at there phones is not

Norpthalomus OP t1_itlox1v wrote

I’ll take your word for it! Sounds like I’m missing out

Shadpool t1_itmn533 wrote

As a smoker, we’ll smoke all day, there are 4 truly great cigarettes: The first one of the day, where you light it when your eyes aren’t even open yet; The cigarette after a satisfying meal; The cigarette along with a really good alcoholic beverage, be it beer or scotch; And the after-sex cigarette.

erikcastillo t1_itkwhv0 wrote

I sleep or get out of bed and do chores. No in between with this guy.

Lee1070kfaw t1_itl7sra wrote

I’m confused I can still buy cigarettes everywhere, what about vapes, cmon

Showerthoughts_Mod t1_itsdvdi wrote

This is a friendly reminder to read our rules.

Remember, /r/Showerthoughts is for showerthoughts, not "thoughts had in the shower!"

(For an explanation of what a "showerthought" is, please read this page.)

Rule-breaking posts may result in bans.

Showerthoughts_Mod t1_itjx3et wrote

This is a friendly reminder to read our rules.

Remember, /r/Showerthoughts is for showerthoughts, not "thoughts had in the shower!"

(For an explanation of what a "showerthought" is, please read this page.)

Rule-breaking posts may result in bans.