Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Fleaslayer t1_iu9iwfb wrote

>You must be very young.

I'm 60 and that was my first assumption about you. I agree with the other person: you should never feel obligated to be in a relationship that doesn't make you happy, with the caveat that if you get married, you're making a commitment.

As far as dating or gf/bf go though, the more immature thing is to feel like you have to stay with someone when you aren't happy, regardless of what it is that is making you unhappy.

RagdollEnthusiast t1_iuhu5mp wrote

I'm sorry, that as very rude. Allow me to rephrase.

I completely agree with you, and always have. I never said you should stay with these people. If you are truly unhappy, always leave. There are few reasons good enough to stay with someone you are superficially unhappy with. My argument stems from a discussion I had with my wife and best friend. Often time, women brush off leaving a man for another man just because he has a larger penis as play and as if it does not hurt the man being left, or they callously believe it does not matter if they hurt his feelings. Yet simultaneously, it appears that when a man leaves a woman because the woman has larger beasts, it's a crime and they can never believe someone would do this. My point was that both superficial reasons for leaving someone are awful, not that it should not be done. It seems many are unable to separate something being shitty and something being wrong. Just because it's awful doesn't make it wrong. Many seem to want to see everything they do in a positive light and that is just not the case here.

RagdollEnthusiast t1_iuhoiyd wrote

Then you definitely do not show your age with your wisdom or reading comprehension.