Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

North-Philosopher-41 t1_iy04x4p wrote

People that desire wealth haven’t gone deep enough in themselves to see what brings about desire. A quick solution seems to be to get rich and all of the sudden life is easy mode, unfortunately that is not the case you will find you still have to get up and live with yourself. Being within yourself and cultivating your own energy will bring joy, where in chasing wealth will bring a feeling of emptiness that is never nourished no matter how much one has accumulated, it is why billionaires don’t stop chasing money after making a billion dollars

Matthew0275 t1_iy07wh4 wrote

I'll have time to figure out how to cultivate self worth when I'm not working 60 hours a week between two jobs to barely break even. Getting at the absolute most six hours of sleep a day.

Hilariously, a bit of money would alleviate the largest pressure in my life giving me room to actually grow into the type of person who can learn how to better themselves.

ironicf8 t1_iy09oc1 wrote

Seriously. Sounds like that "money doesn't buy happiness" shit millionaires tell everyone else as they hoard all that totally unhappy money.

justreddis t1_iy09nuw wrote

Just 10 minutes of meditation, exercise, joyful time with family and friends, here and there, help, no matter how busy you are. Don’t lose yourself in the hustle

bordellp t1_iy0e5bu wrote

Your point is valid, I just want to point out, this isn’t a hustle thing. It is the baseline reality for a huge majority of people just trying to keep a roof over their heads. All with varying levels of support and ability to tend to self care. It isn’t just an attitude thing, times are very hard.