Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ParticleDetector OP t1_iy2esm5 wrote

I think I’m seeing a few things happening in the replies.

1. People thinking I’m using ‘sun’ interchangeably for every star out there regardless if they have planet/s orbiting it.

2. People thinking I’m using ‘Sun’ the proper noun, instead of of ‘sun’ the common noun. (But I didn’t capitalize ‘sun’ anyway.

3. People who somehow have not come across the usage of ‘sun’ the common noun in popular media (I’m just so not sure of this one because it’s so common that it’s improbable they missed it.)

Edit : 4. People perhaps thinking that I’m referring to other stars as a sun relative to where we are, when it’s a ‘sun’ relative to the planets orbiting that star. And again common usage in popular media.

I’m as perplexed as you are.

SyncMeASong t1_iy2fzqr wrote

1. Someone incorrectly thought they had a "gotcha on a technicality" moment -- and even selectively listed some definitions while omitting others that nullify his statement.

2. That comment made it to the top early after being jumped on by other people with similar "gotcha" desires.

3. Now the top comment is simply getting the reflexive subconscious upvotes that top comments get.

Laugh it off. :)