Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Spare-Ad-4558 t1_iy8r5eh wrote

Well considering subscription services you pay for regardless of if you use them I have to disagree. Bullets are more akin to gas in your car or electricity for your electronic devices. You only pay for them when you use them and only based on how much you use them.

MasterAnything2055 t1_iy8sjjg wrote

Do you need to subscribe to buy bullets? Or can you purchase them as and when required ?

Showerthoughts_Mod t1_iy8mt5v wrote

This is a friendly reminder to read our rules.

Remember, /r/Showerthoughts is for showerthoughts, not "thoughts had in the shower!"

(For an explanation of what a "showerthought" is, please read this page.)

Rule-breaking posts may result in bans.

kscooby t1_iy8tc42 wrote

Not true. Bullets you purchase and own unlike something you pay monthly fees for but never actually hold physically. Sorry but this missed the mark ironically

eternalankh t1_iy9ndu2 wrote

>never actually hold physically.

poor choice of words. there are plenty of subscriptions you can get for physical products. Magazines, newspapers, comic books, preplanned meals...

RRoyale57 t1_iy8xl6a wrote

Bullets should cost $5000. When the police show up and see $25,000 worth of bullets in a person they’ll be like “damn, he must have done somethin!”

LazloDaLlama t1_iy8yg3u wrote

Food is a subscription service you pay for to use your utensils.

MacNuggetts t1_iy8pj1z wrote

And a militarized police, and innocent deaths are the subscription we all pay so some people can indulge in this fetish.

−2

OfCourseIKnowHim t1_iy8zabo wrote

We don’t have militarized police because people own guns. I’m sure it’s a factor, but an interesting correlation I ran into recently was that the more African Americans there are in a community corresponds to an equivalent increase in the deployment of SWAT teams. Unfortunately, the available data only exists for Maryland because they’re the only state that keeps track of SWAT team deployments.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/police-militarization-fails-to-protect-officers-and-targets-black-communities-study-finds