I just cheesed cream.

never_on_time t1_j2d5r2r wrote

'i creamed the cheese myself!'

Ghostenx t1_j2dcmj6 wrote

I creamed myself, cheese it!

CirnoIzumi t1_j2dj4wa wrote

Myself Creemed, it cheese!

spddemonvr4 t1_j2cd4ez wrote

You've never made a grilled cheese sandwich in a toaster?

Bo_Jim t1_j2ce2kw wrote

That would not be a grilled cheese sandwich. That would be a toasted cheese sandwich.

1000IslandDepressant t1_j2crdjn wrote

It’s the latch-key kid grilled cheese sandwich. When you’re hungry after school but aren’t allowed to use the stove when you’re parents are still at work. Toast the bread in the toaster, butter it, put a slice of cheese between and melt it in the microwave for 15 seconds. 8 year old chef’s kiss

Note: I wasn’t alone at 8, but there was as no way either of my 9 or 11 year old brothers were making me food.

somethingmoronic t1_j2dl06p wrote

I made these too, but they are not grilled cheese sandwiches. Just like, if you put tomato sauce on them they didn't instantly become pizzas.

Vocalscpunk t1_j2f0xxb wrote

Well not with that attitude! Sauce on carbs is either pizza or spaghetti my man. Fight me!

Vocalscpunk t1_j2f18vo wrote

If we're being overly literal the stove top isn't a grill either. It would be a....(pan) fried cheese sandwich. Grilled would have to be over open flame. You don't grill your eggs and bacon on the stove top.

spddemonvr4 t1_j2ce5yj wrote

The heat source doesn't change the sandwich.

The bread is toasted in the toaster or on a pan...

−14

Bo_Jim t1_j2cifcj wrote

I disagree. A traditional grilled cheese sandwich is not made by toasting the bread in a pan. Grilled food is usually cooked in it's own juices. Bread has no juices, so oil or butter is usually used. The taste and texture will be completely different from your toasted cheese sandwich.

spddemonvr4 t1_j2cio5r wrote

You can still butter bread in a toaster... Nothing is different besides heat source.

−9

jarnish t1_j2f7gpy wrote

My friend, there's definitely a difference in flavor between grilled cheese, toasted cheese, and "griddled" cheese.

spddemonvr4 t1_j2fiuom wrote

If all the ingredients are the same there isn't.

jarnish t1_j2fj90w wrote

There absolutely is. Go try it yourself. Different heating methods affect the physical reactions that take place in cooking, resulting in different flavors.

spddemonvr4 t1_j2fjemc wrote

I've done it, many times. Thats why I know there's almost no difference.

jarnish t1_j2frwe5 wrote

You must have the taste buds of a potato then.

GenerallySalty t1_j2cukla wrote

Since you went with "technically", it's technically not, because it's not grilled. That would be toasted.

In a grilled cheese sandwich the outside of the bread is buttered or oiled and then it's grilled in a pan or toaster oven. Never in my life seen a bagel with cream cheese prepared this way. Would probably be delicious though.

ba_cam t1_j2e8c4s wrote

To be even more pedantic, however, a grilled cheese is never “grilled” as in cooked on a grill. It’s typically in a pan or on a griddle. So, “griddled cheese sandwich” is the MOST correct terminology

Cougr_Luv t1_j2ehq6q wrote

Aren't things cooked on a griddle considered grilled?

ba_cam t1_j2en8lb wrote

Grilling is dry heat and exposed to flame, griddling is over a heated flat solid surface.

LittleSpoonInDenial t1_j2eoml9 wrote

But also the cheese itself isn’t grilled the bread is grilled and the cheese is melted?? 🧐

mtthwas t1_j2ex6vl wrote

It's a cheese sandwich that is grilled... A grilled cheese sandwich. It is not a sandwich made of grilled cheese.

LittleSpoonInDenial t1_j2f0o3m wrote

Grilled, cheese sandwich. Grilled cheese sandwich.

Hmm I think this is one of those moments of me being dense ;-;

ClarityByHilarity t1_j2c2ath wrote

Disagree as the cream cheese is meant to be served chilled. It’s not grilled into the bread.

ItsameMatt03 t1_j2cb92b wrote

I don't know about your bagels, but mine are nice and warm out of the toaster, so the cream cheese gets warm when I spread it.

ClarityByHilarity t1_j2cepcm wrote

Interesting. I prefer to wait a minute or two after my bagel is toasted so that the cream cheese doesn’t melt down. I wonder if most people just spread the cream cheese right on the hot bagel? That sounds nuts to me.

Vocalscpunk t1_j2f1di0 wrote

Do it do it do it. I actually swing both ways, it's good either way but try it with room temp cream cheese is way easier to spread

VioletVaine t1_j2flos9 wrote

I do the opposite of you lol, i put the cheese on immediately and then i wrap the bagel in a paper towel and wait for the cheese to melt

Vamp_Rocks t1_j2d8nb1 wrote

That depends on the definition / perspective no?

Is it a grilled cheese - sandwich

Or a grilled - cheese sandwich

[deleted] t1_j2c443g wrote

[deleted]

−4

codece t1_j2c5w13 wrote

Yeah, but toast + cold cheese is toast with cheese, not a grilled cheese.

PreschoolBoole t1_j2c3teb wrote

It’s not grilled. The bagels are toasted and the cheese is spread cold.

Flowofinfo t1_j2dm6ii wrote

I don’t understand how someone can be so wrong about something so simple

AllGarbage t1_j2cdimv wrote

Disagree. Not only because the cream cheese itself isn't grilled, but how often do bagels with just cream cheese get eaten in sandwich form? Usually most people eat half of a bagel at a time, not sandwiched together with the cheese in the middle.

mountaineer7 t1_j2ccruv wrote

I grew up (in Michigan) calling these toasted-cheese sandwiches.

runswithdolls t1_j2cm898 wrote

This is like saying that when you take a bath you're technically a soup

cthechartreuse t1_j2csfhf wrote

A person in a bath is, in my estimation, NOT soup. Cereal in milk might be, though.

−1

pussy-n-boots t1_j2eaf9i wrote

No way. No cooking processes are exerted on cereal and milk, they’re just mixed together. Not soup.

runswithdolls t1_j2djwzf wrote

Same difference? Solid floating in liquid

−1

J-Dabbleyou t1_j2e20ii wrote

Do you understand what “grilled” means? If ANYTHING it’s a “toastie”

SadLaser t1_j2cxvlw wrote

No, they aren't technically grilled cheese sandwiches. Taking a slice of bread out of the fridge and putting any kind of cheese on it isn't a grilled cheese sandwich, so why would a bagel be one? Most people also eat half of a bagel at once. And they eat them fresh or toast them. They don't grill or pan fry with cheese. So.. it's not grilled.. it's not a sandwich.. and there's an argument to be made about the cheese part as well.

Anthroman78 t1_j2e4j2y wrote

A grilled cheese sandwich has "grilled cheese", the cream cheese on a bagel isn't grilled.

tvcky69 t1_j2e62ki wrote

Wouldn’t you have to grill it?

It’s technically just a cheese sandwich

DecalArtist t1_j2e6w5x wrote

1. It's toasted not grilled
  2. Cream cheese is to "cheese" what a Chicken fried steak is to chicken
  3. But I'll give you that a cream cheese bagel is still tasty

Edit to add, the fact this shower thoughtat the time of my writing this has at least 100 people up voting it while a ton of other more interesting shower thoughts remain buried makes me further lose hope in humanity.

rkmkthe6th t1_j2cnvaj wrote

Quesadilla with salsa, cheese pizza, grilled cheese with tomato soup…all different arrangements of flour, tomato and cheese

Kushkraze t1_j2crh88 wrote

I've seen the madness of an old elementary friend who microwaved cheese and put it between soft bread and called it a grilled cheese sandwich

athomasflynn t1_j2d2bmf wrote

That mass of cells between your ears is technically a brain. It's cream cheese and nobody grills it.

AutoRedux t1_j2dgmop wrote

...no.

The bagels aren't grilled. At most, they're toasted.

The most accurate comparison would be a cheese sandwich.

CirnoIzumi t1_j2dj0zz wrote

something i have learned is that you have to make it clear if you are talking about a "Grilled, Cheese sandwich" or a "Grilled Cheese, Sandwich"

Showerthoughts_Mod t1_j2c28k5 wrote

This is a friendly reminder to read our rules.

Remember, /r/Showerthoughts is for showerthoughts, not "thoughts had in the shower!"

(For an explanation of what a "showerthought" is, please read this page.)

Rule-breaking posts may result in bans.

_thankyoucomeagain_ t1_j2cldzv wrote

Best bagal is heated on a bagal steamer and if you have not had you just don't know.

ATXKLIPHURD t1_j2d6mj8 wrote

I like to put some salami on my bagel sandwich. Better with an onion or everything bagel.

jimmycurry01 t1_j2eaxck wrote

Only if you grill your bagel. If you toast it, it is a toasted cheese.

MissyAnneAnde t1_j2eeq98 wrote

No-only if you toast the bagel after the cream cheese has been added. Otherwise it’s just a cheese sandwich.

JH-DM t1_j2ezghy wrote

Nope, not unless you grill it with the melted cheese.

Something being similar in no way makes it technically that thing.

Cherryboy52 t1_j2f4zpk wrote

Minus the heat? I’ll politely disagree. Needs to be malty and toasty.